Definition of Mobile Number Portability (MNP) :
Mobile number portability (MNP) is the process of transferring (porting) your mobile phone number from one mobile phone network provider (i.e. mobile operator) to another. You may want to do this if you wish to sign up to a new mobile phone provider (i.e. mobile operator) and keep your original mobile phone number, thus saving you the inconvenience of updating your contacts with your new telephone number. Mobile number porting is becoming increasingly popular worldwide due to the savings that can be made by switching mobile phone providers (i.e. mobile operator) in order to get a better mobile phone tariff.
Mobile Number Portability Offered by 3 Mobile Operators in Egypt.
- Mobile Operators in Egypt:
- Vodafone Egypt
- Etisalat Misr
Port In / Port Out
- Port In : Operator wish to join.
- Port Out: Your current operator.
Some facts :
• Date of Implementation in Egypt : 20th January 2011
• Required time to port : 4 days
• Fees : 75Le (Free in-case of PostPaid)
Terms & Conditions for porting a number :
• Your mobile connection must be active on the network of your existing service provider since more than 360 days (1 Year).
• If you are currently a postpaid customer, then please ensue that you’ve paid all the dues as per your last bill.
• If you are currently a prepaid customer, then all your available balance with existing service provider will lapse after completion of the transfer.
• You’ll not be able to cancel your transfer request after completion of 24 hours from date of submission of MNP request.
Can existing service provider stop you from joining new network?
Yes, when we send the MNP transfer request on your behalf, your existing service can reject the request due to any of the below mentioned reasons:
• Any overdue bill with existing operator.
• Your number is in deactivated state.
• Your number is less than 360 days old with your existing operator.
• If there is any ownership change request pending with your existing operator.
What will happen to the balance in my account post transfer?
The available balance in your account with your existing service provider will lapse post transfer of your number, thus we recommend you to use all your balance before the day of transfer.
Can I go back to my original service provider after getting transferred?
As per the government guideline, In case you wish to move back to your previous service provider then you may submit a request for same after completion of 360 days on the network of your new service provider.
Can I get my request cancelled at any time before transfer?
You can place the request for cancellation of port-in request with operator within 24 hours from the time of placing the port-in request.
Can I get multiple numbers transferred at the same time?
Yes, you can get multiple numbers which are under your name transferred at the same time.Perfect for companies accounts with over 10 lines.
How can I MNP?
Step 1 : Call your current mobile operator CSR *, ask for your "ACCOUNT ID".
Step 2 : Head to desired mobile operator shop with valid identification card.You would be give in a new SIM.
Step 3 : In 4-7 days your old SIM will stop working simple change it with the new SIM. Works like charm.
*Toll Free Numbers :
Call your operator CRS
- (Vodafone : 888)
- (Mobinil : 110)
- (Etisalat Misr : 333)